Friday, October 12, 2012

Preschool: September 2012

So it's time to play catch-up! Now that we have moved and are getting a little more settled, I can once again open my computer.  First I will catch up everything from September, since most of it kinda got skipped. 

In September, I started doing preschool with Evie.  Although she still has 3 years at home before she enters kindergarten, I was already in the habit of doing preschool, Evie needed a little structure, and the other mom really needed someone to do it with her.  So I got together a group of five moms and we started planning out our year.  I made up the entire yearly schedule and the School poster again, and Missy Veile made a cute Weather Watcher poster.  We were set to go. 

Her first day! She's so excited!

The preschool poster.  I made a die-cut apple for each child with their name and picture on it so they could put them in one of the windows each time they come to preschool.  Each window is labeled inside with a different "job", like snack helper, Weather Watcher, pledge of allegiance leader, etc. It's pretty cute if I do say so myself!
 One of the other moms dropped out last minute because her daughter qualified for preschool at the CDC, so we just had four kids in our group, but it still worked out great, and Evie was loving it!

Here's some pics of Evie's preschool friends (or as she puts it, my pee-cool fens!):

Phoenix Richins

Adam Robertson

Sarah Veile
 And since I had more time to get a really good picture of Evie, here are some of my attempts--she was being really silly and cute!




Finally her real smile! This one ended up being the winner, after a little cropping.




So I only got to teach preschool at my house once before we moved.  We learned about the letter B: our bodies, and birthdays.  So we made birthday party hats, although on reflection they kinda look like princess hats.  Sorry boys!



We also played with balloons, and when Hallie and Claire got home from school, they of course wanted in on that action.

 I was so sad to leave preschool behind when we moved.  We had a great group of moms and kids.  Evie misses preschool.  I have really tried to be good about going to playgroup and storytime here in Bridger Valley because she gets a bit stir-crazy if I just stay home all the time. *wistful sigh*  Hopefully I'll be able to gather up some interested moms for a good group next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment