So I think we set some kind of world record for fastest move ever. Here's a rough timeline:
September 9th: We put our house on the market
September 19th: We receive an offer to buy our house
September 24th: Our house is under contract
September 26th: Robert informs me we are moving on Saturday because due to hunting season, he won't have another Saturday off in which to move! (not a single thing is packed at this point)
September 29th: We move!!
Whoa. Insanity. I am still a bit in shock. I didn't know it was possible to pack up all our stuff so fast. We never could have done it without help from amazing family, friends, visiting teachers, ward members, and even total strangers from our new ward who came (on about 15-minutes' notice) to unload our entire moving truck!! The Lord truly blessed us through others' service during this move. It all happened so fast. I thought I was mentally and emotionally prepared, but I definitely cried--a LOT--the first few days after the move. Between being so physically exhausted and feeling completely uprooted, I just had a lot of emotional outpourings. Not that I was sad to be in Bridger Valley, I was just sad to be actually leaving my life in Green River. Part of my heart will always be there. Although it has been a whirlwind, everything has gone remarkably smoothly. I thank the Lord for that! He truly is aware of our needs, and blesses us accordingly. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
So we are now here, in Bridger Valley, Wyoming, and we love it! The girls love their school, and we like our new ward (due to General Conference we've only been once, I'm sure we will love it more and more the longer we go there), and we love the friendly people here. It is so nice to have complete strangers be so kind, considerate, and friendly. Everywhere I go people wave at me, smile at me, and greet me as though they know me when I've never seen these people before in my life! It's really nice.
We're also getting more and more settled into the apartment we'll be living in over the winter. It feels nice to be mostly unpacked, and best of all, it's starting to feel like home!
No comments:
Post a Comment