Evie turned 3 on Friday, October 19th (which, incidentally, is a popular birthday. She shares it with at least four people I can think of off the top of my head: Greg Merkley, Tanner Knapp, Madeline Canfield, and William Merkley). She is a very happy girl, a VERY smart girl, and a very sure-footed girl. That may sound like a strange description, but I've never had a child that is so instinctively aware of her body--and how she can balance, climb, and stay on her feet in precarious situations is beyond me! She is always getting herself into dangerous situations and I keep thinking "she's going to fall, she's going to fall!" But she doesn't. She is beautiful and funny and bright and she keeps me on my toes. She is sweet with her little sister, and likes to sing and dance to make her smile. She likes to sing and dance at every possible opportunity, though. She is friendly and happy and (usually) good at sharing with her sisters. Right now she loves books, her new favorite is Curious George books, but she also loves B is for Bear and Ten Tiny Fairies. Her favorite movie is Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses, because she can sing and dance along.
Anyway, due to moving, I wasn't super prepared for her birthday and did all her birthday shopping the day before. Yikes! But I did at least make cupcakes for her, and Stacey and Stephanie made a nice big dinner for everyone, so it turned out really fun. It's always good food when the Hendersons are cookin'! We had all the Hendersons there, minus the Copelans. The only Merkley there was Scott, which we were glad to have him! I babysat the Killpack kids all day prior to the party, and they helped me make cupcakes and decorate Grandma's house for a Halloween/birthday party. I forgot to bring the camera, so I only have a few very substandard quality pictures from my phone. The camera on my phone is quite good during the day, but is apparently ill-suited to indoors-at-nighttime photos. So, I apologize for the blurriness!
 |
| Evie getting mummy-wrapped |
 |
| Cute little birthday girl mummy! |
 |
| Kate was the mummy for the other team. |
 |
| Opening presents. Her favorite present was from Aunt Stacey and the Gerrards. They gave her "Barbie as the Princess and the Popstar" movie and dress-up dress. She was literally jumping up and down with excitement! |
 |
| Also an extremely popular gift was Aunt Marla's nightlight pillow pet--all my girls love it! |
 |
| Happy Birthday my beautiful Evie! I love you to pieces! |
 |
| It was a fun party! |
Sorry for the lack of pictures--I didn't even take a picture of the cupcakes (which were very delicious, chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting), or of us singing Happy Birthday or anything. The kids also played a cute spiderweb game with black yarn that I neglected to photograph. I am shirking my motherly duties, I guess! But regardless of the lack of pictures, there is no lack of good memories and good family. Evie is a lucky little girl to have so many people that love her! And I'm a lucky mom to have her as my daughter.
I can't believe she is already 3! I feel like we miss out on so much! We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete