Monday, October 29, 2012

Hallie's Big Haircut

Hallie has always had long, beautiful, shiny straight hair.  Unfortunately, it's so thick that it gets tangled easily and quickly.  Perhaps more unfortunately, Hallie is a tender soul and she has a very tender head, so when I have to brush out said tangles, she screams.  So finally to cut down on the screaming and the time involved to do her hair every day, she and I decided we should cut it.  Before the haircut her hair was almost down to her bum! This is my second attempt at cutting my daughters' hair.  It went pretty well. Nothing fancy, just a straight across trim.  I had to fix it a little the next day, but overall, a success! Especially since Hallie's hair is so straight and it's easier to see the imperfections (my first attempt at hair-cutting was on Claire's hair, which is curly, so it hides the mistakes more!). 
Her new hair makes her look older.

Hairball.

We cut off a good 8 inches, I'd say.  That's a lotta hair.
She got her hair cut right before we went back to visit Green River 7th Ward so the girls could be in the Primary Program (which was on October 14th), so she got to show it to all her church friends.  The program went very well, they both said their parts perfectly, and sang their little hearts out.  Hallie was improvising actions to all the songs, even the ones without actions.  It was really cute.  Claire also sang with confidence (all the parts she knew, anyway.  Her knowledge of the lyrics was a little sketchy in places, lol!).  Evie wanted to be in the program too and every time the kids stood up to sing, Evie stood up and started walking up onto the stand to sing with them!  She just wanted to be like her big sisters. So sweet. I can't help but feel that I'll never get these days back.  My kids will never be this little again, or this excited about life.  They are so cute and do and say adorable things all the time.  I cherish every moment I have with them.  Including Hallie's big haircut.  Love you my big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment