Monday, October 29, 2012

Gettin' My Craft On

A couple weeks after we moved in, they had a Relief Society Super Saturday here, and so I once again got in touch with my inner crafter.  I am a sporadic crafter--I love doing crafts, but I usually don't have a lot of free time to do them, and they aren't high enough on my priority list to go to the trouble of pulling everything out when I know I'll just be interrupted a zillion times and not be able to finish my project.

 This is why Super Saturday is great.  I can go to a place where I can spread out and just work on my crafts without kid interruptions for a few hours.  Amazing how productive and enjoyable that time is when you get to visit with other nice ladies at the same time! I signed up for seven different crafts at Super Saturday, but I only completed two while I was there--my two sets of pumpkins.  However, I came home and completed another two (my lampshades) within a few days.  Still working on the other three (two couch pillows and a crochet hat w/flower), but they'll get done eventually!

Here's a picture of my two sets of pumpkins and one of my lamps:

I took a picture of this one while it was lit up because you can see the swirls of the black lace flowers better.

My ruffle lamp with an autumn craft I came up with myself.  I'm always proud of things I came up with myself, because the majority of my ideas come from copying or adjusting someone else's ideas, whether it be someone I know, something I've seen or something I got off Pinterest. 
Another original craft--just jazzing up the crib canopy a bit. This picture, unfortunately, is not very true to color, it looks much cuter in real life. LOVE the high ceilings in the girls' new room! It makes the canopy so much more dramatic!


Also on my list of upcoming crafts: couch pillows, crochet accessories, knitted blanket, Shaelyn's wooden letters to hang on the wall, and a few new hairbows.  You can never have too many little girl hairbows, right?

Another reason I've been crafting lately is because I just reorganized all my craft stuff (which was extremely unorganized in my old house), so now I feel a liberating sense of being able to create anything now that I know where everything is! One of the perks of moving!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of those crafts! They look great--you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete