Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We're MOVING!!

I don't have the time right now to catch up the blog, unfortunately, but I thought I should put up a quick post while I have a minute.  We are moving.  Rob works almost exclusively in Bridger Valley, and we are tired of the 45-minute commute, so we are taking the plunge and moving there!  We will be living in an apartment owned by his parents (rent free--WOW!) while we build a new house on the one-acre property we have out there (which also came from his parents--it's right next door to them!). 

We put our house on the market here in Green River, not knowing if it would take one month or six months to sell it.  It sold in a week and a half.  Whoa.  There's lots of things I will miss about my house--the beautiful view, the park right behind my backyard, a garage--but there's even more things I will miss about Green River--namely, all the wonderful friends and ward members we know and love.  We don't have an official closing date yet, but we are meeting with our realtor again tonight, so everything is moving right along!

However, although I am very sad to leave Green River, I have also had the feeling that Bridger Valley is where our family needs to be.  Whenever I go there, I feel peaceful and uplifted and I have the distinct impression that it is a good place to raise my children.  It is a very beautiful place, and there are lots of things I am looking forward to there, such as: four-day schoolweek (who does that?! Awesome!), LAND, the ability to grow a garden, and most importantly, more time together as a family. 

And so, this post is to let you know that I will probably not be able to catch up my blog anytime soon, as I will be trying to pack up all our STUFF (which seems to be multiplying at an alarming rate as I try to pack it), and moving me, my husband, and our four kids to Bridger Valley! Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. GOODNESS!!!! Rob said your realtor said maybe 4 weeks... 1.5??? We will miss you guys.. you were my first friend here and I will always be grateful to you for taking a chance on a stranger. ;) Please let me know if you need help packing, watching kids, meals, etc. I am more than happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Congrats on it selling so quickly! I will be sad to see you go -I did not take advantage of us being in the same town enough. Good luck with moving. I swear we've doubled our "stuff " since our last move and don't want to attempt packing it all up! So happy everything is working out for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness!! You will really love it out there! Good luck with the move and packing! Thanks for always having the Christmas get-together at your house, it was fun to see you guys when we made it back to GR. Keep us posted on your new adventures! I have a few famly members out there you may run into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, you're building a house on a 1acre property, that will be sweet! Good luck to you guys!

    ReplyDelete