Wednesday, September 5, 2012

That's How We Roll

Well, as least that's how Shaelyn rolls.  She is now four months old and is already reaching milestones! I feel like she was just barely born--I'm not mentally prepared for all the milestones yet! But ready or not, Shaelyn started rolling over from her back to her tummy on August 14th, two days after her four-month birthday.  She is very strong and was quite good at rolling over by the end of the day.  She enjoys flexing her muscles, and is very strong for her age. 

And since this will serve as Shaelyn's four-month post, here's a ton more pictures! Love that baby girl ;)





Cuddling with my baby.



We have finally figured out the trick to making her laugh!  She laughs more from us playing peekaboo with her than she does from tickling. It is my favorite!!

Her hands are constantly in her mouth, she loves chewing on her fingers!

I thought this face was awesome!


So sleepy, fell asleep while Mom was getting ready.


Can you tell Claire likes holding her?

Sleepy smiles.  She is such a happy baby, it is so easy to get her to smile, even when she is super tired!







A picture of Evie's diffused hair.  I LOVE Shaelyn's deep blue eyes! I've never had a baby with such blue, blue eyes! Very few pictures capture their true color.

Don't mind the drool, it's a constant accessory for Shaelyn at this point.


The only two at home with me all day!

Cuties!
 She weighs 12 lbs 11 oz and she's in the 15th-25th percentile in all her growth stats.  She's small but strong, and SO sweet!  She is now in 3-6 mo. clothes and size 2 diapers.  She is very tactile and when she feels her fingers encounter an unexpected surface, she will paw at it over and over to try and get a feel for it.  She is getting close to being able to grasp things on purpose.  She continues to love her playmat and her swing.  I often say that she is my sanity.  When I am feeling overwhelmed or frazzled, I just go pick up my baby and she showers me with smiles and unconditional love.  It calms me and comforts me and keeps me sane! Overall, she is a joy to us all!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful baby! She is so precious. Babies are such a joy! Enjoy every second.

    ReplyDelete