Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Preschool November 2013

I was in charge of teaching preschool for the month of November.  We did lots of fun things! Letter H was our first week:

We were pretending to be puppies and panting to learn the sound of the letter H: h-h-h


Playing hopscotch






Our craft: H is for house




The next day, we did letter H is for horses.  So we dressed up like cowgirls!






Letter H is for horses
The next week, we did letter I: The first day we did I is for Ice (and snow--winter theme)
It's hard to tell in the photo, but each girl had a chunk of ice and we were experimenting with what made the ice melt the fastest--we used salt, warm water, room temp water, etc.



Making our "ice and snow" scenes

Evie has her hot cocoa and marshmallows in the background there


We did an activity where we dressed for icy weather!
 Letter I Day 2: I is for Insects
Snack: ants on a log

Cutting practice: I had the girls practice their cutting skills, since several kindergarten teachers have told me that this is one thing a lot of kindergarteners don't do well if they haven't practiced.  We created leaves for our insects to sit on.




Letter J: Jungle Animals. Building habitats for our jungle lego animals



Making a safari map with pictures of jungle scenes and jungle animals

Jungle animal puppet show


Our jaguar puppets, jungle animal rubbings, and jungle puzzle we solved together
 It was a great preschool month! Lots of fun.  I love teaching and planning lessons for these little cuties!

No comments:

Post a Comment