Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Deck the Halls 2013

It is always an adventure decorating a new house for Christmas.  Luckily I love Christmas so it was fun for me! I didn't take as many pictures as I should have, though...

New wreath I made this year
 I like the icicles in this next pic--free decorations!
The decorations I put up--this was before we got our Christmas lights up on the house.  We didn't get that done till halfway through December this year--we have a very steep and treacherous roof in the icy wintertime. 

See the tree in the window? I've always dreamed of having a great big tree in my window.  I love it!



I'm also just a little obsessed with the garland on the staircase, in case you couldn't tell!

Cute girls--I just walked by and found them like this. 

Some more new decorations.  I made both of these using old scrap boards from my attic.  Cool, huh?

I love how the garland looks on the fence, but it did not fare well in the Wyoming wind.  We may have to come up with a different way to do that next year. 

My Oh Holy Night sign.  The shimmery vinyl looks really great in the light of the Christmas lights. 

The girls all dressed up for their school Christmas program. 




The girls also participated in the children's choir for the Bridger Valley Coalition of Churches Christmas program.  That is always a great program centered on the Savior. 


My Christmas village.  On the shelf in the background you can kinda see my olive wood nativity.

Hallie learned a lot of Christmas songs this year, and they were all duets so she and I could play them together.  It was so fun to have Christmas music in our home!

Cute Shae Shae with the advent calendar, mistletoe, and Santa hats in the background

The Tree

I love the magic of those lights

My favorite picture of the tree--I love Christmas trees!
We are ready for Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment