Hallie turned eight years old on December 2nd 2013. Her baptism was scheduled for December 18th, and we had a huge party planned for her baptism, so we just did a small family birthday celebration on her actual birthday. She chose to go swimming in Grandma and Papa's new swim tub for her birthday. It was a big hit with the whole family!
 |
| Sorry for the blurriness, but this picture shows the cool colored lights of the hot tub better. |
After swimming, we came back inside and opened presents. Hallie's presents from us were all centered around her baptism--dress, headband, slip, and her own brand-new set of scriptures with a carrying case.
Eight years old is a huge milestone--she is now in senior Primary, so I don't see her as much at church (I am a teacher in the Junior Primary). She is eligible to go to General Conference and Activity Days and the General Women's Meeting. It is a whole new realm and she and I are having a ball discovering it together!
 |
| The dress. She picked it out herself! |
 |
| She's really excited about those scriptures! Side note on the scriptures--I ordered them over the phone, and the lady asked me if I wanted paperback or leather. Of course I went with the leather, since I wanted these to be a real gift that she could use all throughout her life. I didn't know that they would cost $100! Yikes! That's more than the baptism dress cost! If I had known that there was a third option, one with a hard cover, but not real leather, I definitely would have taken it. Oh well, now Hallie has a really nice expensive set of leather scriptures. If any of my children are going to have such a nice set, Hallie will probably be the one to take the best care of them. And now I know for the future that there is a durable option under a hundred dollars! :) |
 |
| And the scripture bag to go with them--little did we know, every single girl in her Primary class has the exact same case! Oh well, it doesn't seem to bother any of them. |
 |
| Shae being silly with Grandma. She LOVES Grandma! |
 |
| Gift from Grandma. |
Happy Birthday Hallie! She is getting so grown up--when did that happen? I can't believe how tall and beautiful she is. She is a very pure spirit, and always tries to obey and do what is right because she wants to. She is truly a blessing to have as a daughter. I am a lucky woman to have her as my oldest child. She is a wonderful example to her sisters. She loves to bear her testimony in Sacrament Meeting and loves to answer the questions in Primary. She memorized all 13 articles of faith before her baptism day, and I couldn't be prouder! She is a good reader and likes going to school. She constantly amazes me with her desire to do right and to be good. I love her more than words can express!
No comments:
Post a Comment