Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Shaelyn Turns 2!

When my babies turn one, I usually have a pretty big party for them, you know, because it's their first one! However, when Shaelyn turned one, we had just moved into our house the week before.  So she basically got a cake and that was it.  So for her second birthday I tried to give her a proper birthday party!

I stayed up late the night before putting up decorations because I knew we had a busy morning.  We were going to our neighbor Adam Lemon's baptism at 11:00 and Shaelyn's party started at 1:00 so I knew I'd have quite a bit to do in the morning.  When the girls woke up and saw all the decorations, they were so excited! Shaelyn, after everyone telling her "happy birthday!", started walking around shouting "Happy!...Happy!...Buh-day!...Buh-day!..."

Our decoration theme was spring flowers

I made all the flowers on the garlands out of paper




Those small circles on this garland are little paper rosettes
 Party time!
We had a barbecue and birthday party


We had to wake up the birthday girl from her nap so she could join her own party!


We had the Halls, the Gerrards, and Grandma and Papa over.
She had a strawberry shortcake birthday cake.  Thanks goes to Teresa Anderson for the recipe!

Time for presents!







Books from Grandma Kelly.  Shaelyn really loves books, so this is a great gift!

New tutu from Aunt Stacey--she LOVES it!

New camera from mom and dad--also a favorite.
Loves from my birthday girl!

Happy Birthday, my sweet one!
Shaelyn is such a good talker and a smart little girl.  She talks a lot more than most just-turned-2-year-olds.  And usually, I can understand what she is saying, too.  That is more impressive than the amount of talking in my book.  She learns things so fast, sometimes it really catches me off guard.  I am lucky to have her for a daughter.  My favorite moments are when she is repeating us during prayer or scriptures.  Her tiny little voice is SO adorable, and utterly impossible to duplicate in its cuteness.  I love her so much, and can't believe my baby is two! Where has the time gone? Happy Birthday, Shaelyn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment