We did lots of fun Halloween activities this year, so I thought I would put them all in one post. We'll start with the ward Halloween carnival, which was great fun! There were fun carnival games for the kids, a costume contest, and lots of yummy treats--classic.
 |
| Hallie dressed as Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. See her pouch of pixie dust? |
 |
| Claire: Batgirl |
 |
| And Shae-Shae, our cute little witch! |
 |
| Sweet angel Evie |
 |
| They are quite in character |
 |
| Shaelyn did NOT want to wear the hat. |
 |
| She was just fine without it! |
 |
| Although I don't usually dress up, I recently found my Indian saree which has been missing for years! We found it in the move, so I decided to wear it to the Halloween party. |
 |
| We had lots of cousins come for the Fort Bridger Halloween walk. It was a little scarier than last year, but we still had fun. I like Braden's face in this picture! Also, interesting side note: Kaleb made that Storm Trooper helmet out of paper and tape. Isn't it awesome? |
 |
| Gerrards, Killpacks, and us! |
The day before Halloween we carved pumpkins! Always a favorite activity. It was a slightly shorter process than usual because Hallie and Claire could do most of their own carving. However, pumpkin carving with kids is just a long process, no getting around that. Luckily, we all think it's fun!
 |
| They all thought the pumpkin guts were gross, but Claire especially didn't want to empty out hers. |
 |
| Shaelyn did a great job being the cute spectator. |
 |
| Finished products! I carved the cat, and the girls are sitting by theirs. As you can see, at some point during the process it got dark and the girls got their PJs on because it was just about bedtime! |
 |
| Best candlelit pic we could get :) |
And finally, the big day came! On Halloween, I went to the school for the kids' Halloween parade, then I stayed to help with Hallie's class Halloween party. Here are some pictures from our family's Halloween costumes and trick-or-treating:
 |
| My two little posers--they love having their picture taken, and always try to make the most of their camera time, lol! |
 |
| Pretty princess and beautiful Greek goddess. |
 |
| Hallie decided to bust out the ghost costume from last year again |
 |
| My favorite Halloween picture of the night! Love those little cuties! |
 |
| And we're off! It was a classic Wyoming Halloween: frigid. So after a few houses, we ran back home to grab more hats, gloves, and scarves. At that point, it was a bit difficult to see the costumes, but at least we were warm! |
We just trick-or-treated on our street and the one behind ours. By that time, it was dark and everyone was cold and ready to go home. We were done by about 7:00 I think. It was good to do the traditional trick-or-treating because a) we got to meet some of our neighbors that we hadn't yet met, and b) my kids didn't end up with nearly as much candy as usual (which is fine by me!). Lots of times the church has a trunk-or-treat, which is also nice in other ways, but it was nice to mix it up a bit. Happy Halloween!!
No comments:
Post a Comment