Thursday, March 13, 2014

Disney 2013!

This trip was a long time ago--the first week of June, 2013.

We were lucky enough to have the opportunity to go to Disneyland again as a family this year.  It is definitely one of the best family vacation destinations ever.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, but Disneyland has something for everyone.  That's why it's so awesome!! This trip it was our family, Grandma and Papa Henderson, and the Killpack family. 

As part of our trip, we also got to see Fox Studios, courtesy of my cousin (in-law) Brian Baker--THANKS BRIAN!  and we went to the beach one day.  I love the beach so much! Here are a few pics from those days:
MONDAY: We arrive in CA and go straight to Fox studios.  Very cool to see!
This is called New York street, and although it is almost all facades, it TOTALLY looks real! But when you go up close, you can see through the windows and there's nothing there. 

Royal Diner, for anyone who watches Bones. 

Playing on New York Street



Brian took up his lunch hour to be our tour guide :)



The Hall of Music, where they do all music and sound, voice-overs, etc. 

Tons of topiaries on the lot.  Too fun!


We got to go inside the really nice theater.  Plush.
Even Amber and the kids joined us, it was great to see them, even for a short time. 


Cool old building on the lot.
Tuesday was BEACH DAY! I apologize for the lack of pictures, but I wasn't great about pulling out the camera while at the beach.  I guess we were all just having too much fun!









About 10 minutes after leaving the beach. 
 That evening, we had dinner at Kendall and Robin's house in Glendora, and we got to see all the CA Merks: Grandfather and Grandma Grace, Aunt Careen, Amber and Brian's family.  It was a great way to kick off the vacation. Then Wednesday, we began our Disneyland fun!!

We started at California Adventure:



In line for Soarin' Over California--a big hit with everyone!






While the big kids were on the log ride, Evie and I went to play in the adventure land area.




Pretending to be bears




Zipline/tire swing
















We loved the Ariel ride and rode it two or three times in a row--the line moves fast on that one.


Evie fell asleep while we were in line for the Toy Story Midway Mania ride and we passed her from person to person all the way until we got to the front of the line (probably about 45 min or so). 


Cars Land in the background



Ice cream break!













Thursday: DISNEYLAND!!

We haven't even gone in yet, and they're all excited!

The happiest place on earth!






Space Mountain! Claire and Kate's first time riding this one.  Claire loved it! Kate, not so much.






Nemo!



Hallie and I rode the racecars together.  That was actually the first time I had ever ridden those racecars.











Materhorn







In line for Peter Pan




I love this picture!






Claire got to ride on the front!

Hallie is such a good helper!




Souvenirs! Claire got a "magic wand" that lit up


In line for Pirates of the Caribbean.  The kids were a bit scared on this one. 


While all the big kids went on Splash Mountain, Papa, Shae, Evie, and I went and got a really yummy mousse dessert from the Big Bear Restaurant.  Then Papa sat with Shae Shae, who had fallen asleep in the stroller, and Evie and I went to see the characters from the Hundred Acre Wood.

The wonderful thing about Tiggers...

Bouncing!




Papa even had time to take Evie on the Pooh bear ride.

When the boys did come back, they were soaked!

Evie thought it was hilarious that Kaleb was so wet! I love that face!
Friday: Princesses!!







Aurora

Ariel

Cinderella






At the Tangled show.


This show was darling! I loved it, and I'm a grown up!

The main reason we went to see the show was so that we could meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider afterwards.  Rapunzel was the only princess Hallie was interested in meeting.  That's why she is wearing a Tangled shirt and has her hair in a Rapunzel braid.





While Daddy and the other adults were riding Indiana Jones, I took Claire and Evie through Tarzan's treehouse a couple of times.


Evie always runs past the jaguar because he's scary





The Tiki Room!! Always a favorite with our family.  This time, I think just about all the adults fell asleep in the Tiki Room, lol!




I love that man! And that cute Shae Shae!



While we were playing on Pirate Island, we had a great view of the riverboat.



Arrrrr!

We got lucky and met Tiana on New Orleans Street--no line!


Our only complaint about the trip was that it was Grad Night, so there were a lot of teenagers in the park in the evenings, and although most of them were just fine, we had a few of them act like jerks, talk about drugs, and swear a bunch. 

We also made it a point to watch the Disney Parade this time, which we've never done before, and it was so much fun! My kids loved it!!  Everything at Disneyland is done so well.

One of the nights, I think it was the first night, we went to see World of Color--my ultimate favorite thing about going to Disneyland.  It was fantastic as usual!!


All tuckered out.  Thank you again Disney!! And thanks Mom and Dad Henderson for such an awesome vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment