Tuesday, March 18, 2014

July 2014

Right after we got home from the Bella Sirena reunion, we immediately unpacked, cleaned, and repacked the car for the Henderson reunion: camping at the Flaming Gorge near Dutch John over the 4th of July.  It was a fun reunion, but I don't know why I only have a few pictures from it.  That is very unlike me--although I don't take as many pictures when we're camping.  We had a great time--we went swimming in the Gorge, boating, we had a fun relay race thing that Stacey organized, we did face painting for the kids, we played games, we made Lemon Scrub, and we sang campfire songs.  I taught a bunch of the kids how to play Mormon Bridge.  Rob, Jeff, the Moray boys, and I did a little cliff jumping--always a rush! And one day Rob and I went spearfishing--well, it was more like Rob went spearfishing and I swam around above him and watched.  But we saw a huge carp--it had to have been 5 feet long!  I think I was a little pictured out after all the other trips we had already done.  But here are the pics I have:

Faces!


Ryan doesn't look too sure about Hallie's hand on his head


Lots of family was there too: In addition to all Rob's sisters (except Marla, who only came for the day right at the end) and his parents, there was also Rob's grandma Joyce, Aunt Robin and Uncle Scott came with Crystal, and their daughter Nicole came with her husband Ryan and their two boys.  Aunt Chris and Uncle Kevin came for a short time with their boys Kyle, Chase, and Christian.  It was fun to see everyone, and we had a good time.

Playing in the sand





Rob setting up the sheet that we used as a projector screen.  We watched Hook under the stars.





Making homemade ice cream
After the reunion, we came home and finally were able to enjoy a bit of our beautiful Wyoming summer at home! My parents came to stay with us for a week while Matt and Jess went on the Trek with the Green River stake.

Lazy summer afternoon














Shae-Shae and Fa-Fa


Playtime with Taylee Hall! The Halls are our best friends here in the valley:


Slip n slide




Shae Shae walking on the table while we are all playing games with my family and the Andersons.

We had a late-over one weekend while we were watching the Gerrard kids.  Each of my girls got to invite one friend over to stay late (like a sleepover but without the staying overnight).  We did face painting, had popcorn, and watched Wreck it Ralph on the projector in the sitting room.  It was a huge hit!

Carsten's face paint turned out pretty wicked cool!
 At the Bird Family Barbecue.  They held it at Cherry Hill Water Park in Utah.  That was the first time I'd ever been to Cherry Hill, but my family all loved it so we will probably go again.




 I don't know how she got it, but she thoroughly enjoyed it!!


And this is the face we got after we took it away. :(
 Also in July Hallie, Claire, and Evie participated in swimming lessons for three weeks.  This was the last day of swim lessons:






 And to finish off July, what would a perfect Wyoming summer be without a gorgeous rainbow? This picture is taken from my front door. I love where we live!

No comments:

Post a Comment