Tuesday, July 24, 2012

WICKED good!

On Wednesday the 18th, we went to see Wicked in Salt Lake City with my family.  My mom had purchased the tickets when she was here in May, and so 10 of us got to go see the show! The tickets weren't cheap--we bought tickets ranging from $95 at the cheapest to $185 at the most expensive. And I'm sure there were other tickets that were even more expensive.  We bought the tickets through an early bird special and even with our promotional status, they were nearly sold out already! We could only get one ticket at a time because there were only individual seats left scattered around the theater.  At any rate, we had to do a bit of juggling with Rob's work schedule and finding a sitter for the kids, but it was SO worth it!

We ended up packing up the whole family and picking Rob up in Bridger Valley directly from work.  We drove straight to Utah and left the girls with Rob's uncle Randy and aunt Serena.  They were so kind to watch the girls for us--especially the 3-month-old Shaelyn! Luckily, I pumped some milk for her and she took it from a bottle, which she has never tried before.  She's such a good baby!  Randy even gave us a ride to Capitol Theater, which was wonderful because then we didn't have to worry about paying for parking.  Randy and Serena, you guys are truly the best!

Then it was off to the show!  We had heard that Wicked was a fabulous show, but we had never seen it.

We are so excited!!
I don't have the adequate words to describe the absolutely inhumanly perfect performance we witnessed.  Not only was the show itself amazing, in terms of having a good plot, a relatable story, likeable characters, and excellent music, but the level of talent displayed by the performers was truly unsurpassed.  I have never seen such talented people in my whole life!  Especially the two lead characters, Elpheba and Glinda, were flawless!  Being singers, Rob and I noticed how amazing the vocalists were, but they were also excellent actors and excellent dancers too.  The show was funny, intense, moving, and emotional.  I could rave about this show for weeks (which I have been doing ever since I saw it)!  When my mom first bought the tickets, I thought the price was so outrageous.  After seeing the show, I would totally pay that much to see it again!  I can't thank my parents enough for buying the tickets so we could see it.  When it ended, I was begging for more, and I would have gladly sat in the theater for another four hours to watch it over again. We have been listening to the soundtrack nonstop since we saw the show, but the performers on the soundtrack are not as good as the performers that we saw.  The songs have been playing in my head ever since the night of the performance.  If you get the opportunity to see this show, DO IT!! You won't regret it.  INCREDIBLE!

After the show, we went and walked around the new City Creek Center mall, which is huge!  It just kept going, and it's so beautiful.  We didn't even walk around the whole thing, and we were walking for quite a while.  Thankfully, the girls had been good for Randy and Serena, and we loaded them all up in the car and drove to Bridger Valley where we crashed in the apartment for the night.  The next morning, we came home and packed up to go camping, but that's another story...

All of us after the show
As I said, it was wicked good!

1 comment:

  1. I loved WICKED!! We saw it three years ago when we went to New York! It is such an amazing show and I would definitely pay big bucks to go see it again. I agree, totally worth it! We listened to the sound track over and over again after seeing the show. So glad you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete