Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ben's Mission Call!

On Friday the 13th, Ben's mission call arrived! We had been looking for it, but we weren't sure how long it would take to come, so it was a pleasant surprise to find it in the mail.  Once Ben finally got home from work, we did a 4-way Skype conference call: one screen for the Vegas group, which included Chris and Rach plus my mom and dad and Matt and Jess; one screen for Tim and Tam; and one screen for Mike and Lacey.  Then, of course, us: my family plus Ben and Scott. 


So we all went around and guessed where we thought Ben would be called to serve.  I guessed Puerto Rico, Rob guessed Ecuador, and among the other guesses were Missouri, Australia, Minnesota, Florida, Montana, Alaska, and several others I can't remember.  But we were all wrong. Ben is going on a mission to.......drumroll please.........Atlanta, Georgia! 


Ben was thrilled, since his only desire was to serve a mission in the States.  Opposite of most missionaries, I know, but I suppose he's had his fill of international travel!  We bought a cake to celebrate the occasion.  Chocolate...yum!


It was pretty late, which is why they're all in their PJs.  They were very excited for the cake!
Congratulations, Ben! We couldn't be more proud and excited for you!

1 comment: