Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hallie Lost Her First Tooth!

Hallie told me at the end of the school year that she was very sad because "I'm the only kid in my whole kindergarten class who hasn't lost a tooth!"  I tried to comfort her by telling her that she got her baby teeth later than normal, so she would get her adult teeth later, too.  It didn't really help. Poor girl.

A week or so ago, after she had brushed her teeth before bedtime, Hallie said, "Mom, it kinda feels like I have other teeth behind my regular teeth."  I had her open her mouth, and sure enough, her two front bottom adult teeth had already broken through the gums behind her baby teeth.  I was a bit worried because her front baby teeth weren't really loose yet.  But soon enough, they started wiggling, and we encouraged Hallie to keep working at them and loosening them.  Finally, on Sunday, the one on her left was so loose that it was hurting every time she took a bite of anything, and she kept crying because it hurt her.  Daddy asked if she wanted him to pull it out, and she was a little hesitant, but she let him try.  After a couple of tries and a little more twisting and wiggling, it came out! She was so excited to have finally lost her first tooth! 

 After she lost it, she wanted to show all her friends.  She walked down to Dusten's house and showed him, and we drove to Ellie's house to show her, she showed Bryson and the Birches, and she's been telling all her friends about her tooth. 
Doesn't she look cute with that little hole in her teeth?

And the tooth fairy came, which was also super exciting! Hallie got a dollar for her first tooth.  It was a very big day for her! Love you Hallie!

No comments:

Post a Comment