Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On the Soccer Field

You know, the rest of the world really does have the right of it--this sport should be called football.  Both Hallie and Claire are in outdoor soccer this summer and they are loving it.  Unfortunately, they were in different age divisions this time because they put the kindergartners (Claire's age) with the preschoolers, and the first graders (Hallie's age) with the second graders.  I wanted them to be on the same team so that I didn't have to worry about two soccer schedules, and I asked if they could do that for siblings.  They said they could put them on the same team, but they would have to bump Claire up an age division instead of bumping Hallie down.  I was a little nervous about that because neither of them are stellar soccer players, but my worries were unfounded.  They still aren't incredible players, but they aren't as far behind as I feared they might be.  Here's a few pictures from their first game:

Claire on defense.

Cuties!

Huddling up with the team.  Their head coach is Kim Wilson and their assistant coach is Gary Arnell.

Good game!

Claire tired out.
They have great coaches and I feel like they're both learning a lot.  It's lots of fun being a soccer mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment