She loves to jabber and point at things (with her chubby little baby fingers), she likes to play "so big" and peekaboo and she will wave to you if she's in the right mood. She likes to give kisses and be spun around. She loves to climb into things that are at her height: laundry baskets, bottom drawers, and the dishwasher. She loves emptying the contents of said drawers and the bottom shoe cubbies. She loves music and anytime she hears music she will try to sing with it. SO cute! She has a little raspy voice, which I first noticed when we moved here to the valley. I thought it might be allergies so I took her to several doctors, but everyone said that she looks fine and healthy. One doctor thought it might be acid reflux, but the medication he was prescribing for her was $90 a month! So I used my mommy judgment and said, a) she's not in pain, b) it's not hindering her development, and c) physically everything is fine with her vocal cords and all that. We are not getting this medication. And she is a happy, cute baby that has a little raspy voice!
She is the only one of my babies to have blue eyes that stuck around--hers are a brilliant, beautiful blue and I love them! She also has darker blonde hair. It's not DARK, but it's definitely not a light blonde. Other than that, she looks very similar to her sisters at this same age. It's fun to look back at all their baby pictures and compare...see if you can guess who is who!
Okay, here are my four babies at approximately 12 months:
Contestant #1:
Contestant #2:
Contestant #3:
Contestant #4:
Hard, isn't it?
Well, the answer is #1: Claire, #2: Shaelyn, #3: Hallie, #4: Evie.
On her birthday, April 12th, we had a very small little birthday celebration for her, with just our family. We waited to have cake because the Gerrards were driving through and so we had them over for cake and ice cream.
![]() |
| We're still unpacking ;) |
![]() |
| Her sisters were so excited for her party. They picked out the party hats and helped me wrap all the presents. |
![]() |
| She's ONE! |
![]() |
| She's got lots of big helpers! |
![]() |
| This red bouncy ball was her favorite present. It lights up when it bounces and it has little spikes all over it. |
![]() |
| You liked the balloons better than the clothes. |
![]() |
| Gotta have a chocolate cake for the first birthday! |
![]() |
| She loved it! |
![]() |
| Cleanup time! In the small sink, even! |
![]() |
| Happy Birthday, my sweet baby! |
























I loved reading all your new posts! I can't believe Shaelyn is 1! Didn't we just have our babies?! I see pictures of all three of your girls and I'm shocked to see how big they've gotten! Craziness! I love your new house! You have such a cute family and I'm glad you update your blog so I can keep up with your family.
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! I can't believe that she's already 1!
ReplyDelete