Easter this year fell three days after we closed on our house, so we were very busy painting and there was no furniture in the house yet, but we still wanted to have Easter here because we love it so much! :) So we brought over the Easter stuff. At our house, the Easter bunny always comes on Saturday because he knows that Sunday is the day for us to remember the REAL reason for Easter.
Let me tell you, indoor egg hunts are a lot easier when there is zero furniture in the house. We had a ball! My girls have so much fun together, it warms my heart to see what good friends they are.
 |
| The Easter Bunny came! |
 |
| Can you see any Easter eggs? |
 |
| I love this movie! |
 |
| Getting ready for our outdoor Easter egg hunt with the real hard-boiled eggs. |
 |
| It
was a nice day (for March), which means it was somewhere around 50
degrees. Evie was freezing, but she didn't want a coat, lol! |
 |
| Found 'em all! |
 |
| Look at Evie. |
 |
| Happy blue-eyed baby! |

After our family egg hunts, we went down to the old Fort Bridger for the community Easter egg hunt. Unfortunately, we were about 5 minutes late, and by the time my kids got in there, every single egg had been found. They were devastated. I didn't know what to do for them, all three of them were crying as they watched other kids walk by with baskets FULL of 30 eggs or more, and they had none. One or two kids came and gave them an egg, which was nice. But my kids were still sad that they hadn't gotten to hunt for any eggs. By this time, people are starting to leave. Finally, a nice woman took pity on us. I saw her take her daughter and son aside and ask them if they'd like to share some of their eggs with my girls. Her kids agreed and she came up and said "Would they like some eggs? We have plenty." I replied "That would be wonderful, thank you." Then she went the extra mile by having her kids hide the eggs so my girls could hunt for them. It was so kind and thoughtful and I thank God for wonderful people like that! It completely made my girls' day, and they had a wonderful time finding the eggs and making new friends with the girl and boy. Then we got even luckier. By this time we were the only people left at the fort, and a man came over to us and said, "We had extra eggs from the hunt this year, would your kids like to find some more?" So he hid a bunch more eggs and all the kids got to go around and collect them. So what started out as a distressing experience turned into a wonderful experience and a humbling moment. I tell you what though, I have certainly learned that next year we will be a half hour early!
 |
| They're happy now! |
Later that same day, Tim and Tamera drove up to see our new house! It was great to spend the day with them and cute William!
 |
| Shae playing with Willie's sippy |
 |
| Cute boy! |
 |
| Lunch at Fiesta Guadalajara. YUM! |
Thanks for coming to see us for the day!! We love you guys!
EASTER SUNDAY:
We took these pictures after church. Evie was wearing a different dress before church, but during Sacrament Meeting, she fell asleep on Grandma's lap...and peed! She and Grandma both had to go home and change! So this dress is plan B, but it's still super cute, so it's all good.
 |
| Then we went to Grandma and Papa's house for Easter dinner |
 |
| Scott came and visited us on Easter |
Happy Easter! I am forever grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am especially grateful for His Atonement and the power it has to redeem and to enable me to be more than I could ever be on my own. I hope that I can fully use that marvelous gift. Truly the Lord does love us to send us His son to save us. Praise be to the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment