Shaelyn had her one-month checkup on Monday. She is doing
very well. So far she has been just the sweetest little cuddlebug. She loves to be held and will sleep longer if someone is holding her. Nearly every evening this week we have walked down to Wyoming Park to watch Trenten's and Bryson's T-ball games, and Shaelyn loves it because she likes being outside, and there's always someone there that wants to hold her. She's got powerful lungs and will scream when she wants some attention. But the second you pick her up, the screaming stops completely. Since she was so tiny, she got cold very easily. We always know when she's cold because her little chin starts quivering--it's really cute. She has the most beautiful deep blue eyes. I love them!
Things she likes: watching her mobile; being warm, especially being in the sun; being held/snuggling; tummy time--she's getting good at lifting up her head; and eating. Things she does NOT like: being cold; being naked, including taking baths; having her diaper changed; having a bubble.
She's had an eventful first month of life. She was a bit
jaundiced in her first few weeks, and I took her to the doctor to have
her biliruben(sp?) levels tested when she was one week old. At that
point, she was back up to her birthweight, weighing 5 lbs. 14 oz. that
day. Her jaundice levels were borderline, but the next day they had
gone down so she didn't need any special therapy. She was my first baby
to ever have jaundice, so I was pretty worried about her for a few
days. However, now she is over it and is growing like crazy! At her two
week appointment she weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz., and on Monday at one month
old, she weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz! Now she's the size of a regular newborn, lol!
All the newborn clothes are finally starting to get snug on her. She is getting big, cute chubby cheeks and rolls on her thighs. I love
it! This week she just graduated from sleeping in the bassinet in our room to the crib in the nursery, which has been a nice switch for all of us. We get much better sleep at night! And, as usual, I can't stop constantly admiring her and taking
pictures of her. Here's the latest batch:


 |
| I love this picture. It doesn't get much sweeter than that. |
 |
| She is always making faces, these next pictures show a few of them. |
 |
| I love my little Shae-Shae! |
 |
| Awwwww. |
 |
| Look at those eyes! |
 |
| My four favorite girls! |
 |
| She loves her mobile. |
 |
| My little angel baby. |
 |
| Big helper! |
 |
| Sleeping like a baby. |
 |
| Claire took this picture--I think it's pretty good! |
 |
| Silly big sisters! |
 |
| Right after a torturous bath. At least she's happy now! |
 |
| This is my angry face. |
 |
| Check out that round face! The cheeks are a-growing! |
We couldn't be happier to have her in our family. Claire especially loves to hold her and asks to hold her all the time--I have to tell her no a lot when the baby is sleeping or when I am busy and can't supervise. Evie also likes holding her, but isn't very reliable about supporting the baby's head and little details like that. Evie is still a bit rough, but she's gotten better. Evie loves helping to give the baby a bath, and helping put the binky in the baby's mouth--more like shove it down her throat most of the time! Both Claire and Evie have been great helpers, getting me a bib or a burp cloth when I need one, and being good big sisters! Hallie is also very gentle with Shaelyn, but she isn't home as much as the other two.
She's a perfect, innocent spirit straight from heaven. We love her so much!!
Can't wait to meet her in a few weeks!
ReplyDelete