Thursday, May 17, 2012

May Flowers (Mother's Day 2012)

This May we actually planted our garden (thanks to Grammy)! So April showers brought real May flowers this year! Here's a couple pictures of our young garden, which looks a bit sad in these pictures, but I think it's doing pretty well.



And underneath the kids' bedroom window, we planted six columbine plants, which are doing fabulous and flourishing quite well.  Unfortunately, the night before I took these pictures, the deer ate off almost all the columbine blossoms! I was so mad.  Apparently they need another shot of the stinky deer repellent.

Claire made a few of these cute straw flowers for Mother's Day at preschool, and the other girls wanted to make some too.  It is so sweet how interested my girls are in Mother's and Father's Day this year.  They really want to do something nice for us, it is very precious.  This is a super easy and cute Mother's Day craft--you just use a regular hole punch in the middle of each flower and slide it on the straw--no glue necessary! Here is my Mother's Day bouquet. 



And for Mother's Day my wonderful husband bought me an adorable cuff bracelet and this super cute dress from Down East that I hadn't bought for myself because I felt guilty spending money on myself.  I'm so lucky to have him! Mother's Day was the first Sunday that Shaelyn and I went to church, and it was good to be back at church, even though it was just Sacrament Meeting.  Rob did all three of the older girls' hair that morning--wow! And after church, he let me take a nap while he made a delicious dinner of grilled veggies and hamburger steaks.  Mmmmmm. It was a wonderful Mother's Day and I felt very loved by all the members of my family.  Later in the afternoon, the girls asked me what game I wanted to play with them and if I wanted to go to the park "for Mother's Day? Please?" So we went and relaxed in the warm sunlight while the older girls played at the playground.  It was heavenly. 


We're ready for summer!


Sweet. 
I'd also like to wish a happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom, she's the best mom in the world! She is always teaching, giving, and serving her children, even when it's hard and she's tired, which is the best thing a mom can do.  I love you Mom! You taught me that being a mother is the best job in the world.  I still don't know how you did it with eight children!  You are the epitome of a super mom. And because of you, I know how to be a mom to my kids, and it is so challenging and rewarding-- there is nothing better than motherhood!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers of the world!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (late) Mother's Day!!! I don't think I got to say it to you at church the other day.. so glad we are such good friends! :) You're the best Melanie!

    ReplyDelete