Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Grammy time!

My wonderful mom came to help me with the baby on April 28th-- the due date.  Of course, by that time, Shaelyn was over two weeks old, but we still appreciated the help.  "Help me with the baby" is a bit of a misnomer because she actually was helping me with everything else, like dishes, meals, and helping the older kids.  So it goes with child number four. 

My mom was incredible, as usual, cooking us delicious meals and taking my kids on "Grammy dates", which Claire was bragging about to her friends ("My Grammy takes me on dates.  Does your Grammy take you on dates?").  They went swimming at the Rock Springs Rec Center, they rented a movie and had a pajama party, they tried to go bowling, but the bowling alley was closed, so they went to the mall and rode on the kiddie rides there.  Shaelyn and I came with them on that one.  Since the kiddie rides at the mall are right next to Down East, we all went in and had a fabulous time trying on clothes for at least an hour.  I never knew my girls liked trying on clothes so much! They were all saying things like "Oh, all the kids in my class will be SO happy if I wear this to school!"  And "Oh, Mom, this one will look so cute on me!" I ended up buying each of them a new shirt, and nothing for me! We all had fun.

Here's some pictures from her visit.  For Family Home Evening we did a puppet show with puppets from the Friend.

Grammy narrated while the girls controlled the puppets.
Evie wanted to add Belle into the story.
The puppeteers!
Teresa and Steve also came over to visit and see the baby.
One evening during dinner, Evie fell asleep right on her chair.

Grammy's last day.
She helped us plant all those lovely plants in our garden.  They are beautiful!

Claire watering the columbines.  I love columbines! And Claire!

While the girls were watering the plants, Daddy decided to water the girls!
As Evie says "I soaking!"
Thank you for all you did and continue to do for us, Mom! I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. You are made to have babies. You look amazing! And I hear you on the misnomer of helping with the baby. It is way better when people help with everything else including the kids and the house so you can focus on the baby and maybe sneak in a nap or two!

    ReplyDelete