Friday, September 23, 2011

Busy Bee!

Busy: defined as active, on the go, very involved in activity, engaged, at work.  Synonyms include: bustling, hectic, humming, full, hyper, industrious, hard-working, intense, on the move, energetic, having a lot of things on your plate, and having too many irons in the fire.

I can define busy for you: my life for the last 14 days.  Here's a very abbreviated list of the things I did in the last two weeks.

- Spent 12 hours making a poster for our Joy-School-type preschool.  It is the poster that will travel from house to house all year, and it has all the kids' jobs on it so they can put their nametag in whichever job pocket they want.  I will have to take a picture of it and post it when I teach preschool again and get it back in my house. 

- Made up the entire curriculum for our preschool for the year and devised a schedule, contact list, and information packet for each mom involved in our preschool.  Not as easy as I thought it would be. 

- Learned a new song and practiced in two sessions, then sang it in Sacrament Meeting with Marni Burke (She's the best, I love singing with her!)

- Prepared lessons and taught preschool at my house for the first week.

- Took my brother and my three kids to Casper (a four-hour drive) and back in one day.  It was his follow-up appointment with his surgeon.  He is doing great and is back to normal now. 

- Made up new parts of the Primary Program for new children in our Primary and hand-delivered them during the week. 

- Taught Zumba three days in a row each week. (I'm taking on a couple extra classes a week for one of the other instructors that just had her gallbladder out.)

- Revised the program about 5 times, revised the outline about 5 times, and rewrote the seating chart (by hand) about twelve times.

- Went visiting teaching to four ladies.

- Directed the program practice and made many phone calls to see who would be there the day of. 

-Went to Stacey Tew's baby shower (the least of my worries!)

- Had Tim and Tam over for the weekend.

- Did about 10 loads of laundry (it had been neglected amongst all the other craziness)

-Learned and memorized seven new dances for a new Zumba mix for my class (average: 1-2 hours per song)

- Hosted a playdate at my house.

And there's probably a few more that I've forgotten about.  Now, 90 percent of that list all occurred in the same week (which is why there was no blog post from me that week!).  This is during hunting season, mind you, when my husband is working tons of hours.  Also, all this is in addition to my regular mommy/wife duties of packing lunches, bathing children, taking them to school, making dinner, and trying to keep my head above water as far as the housework is concerned.

I am coming to realize that being a mom is a job that just keeps getting busier as your kids get older.  I wonder what my life will be like in another five years! Hopefully I can retain my sanity.  However, although it's been busy, it has been rewarding too.  Now our preschool is all set up for the year and running smoothly, my visiting teaching is done, and the Primary program is over! The program went so smoothly, I couldn't believe it! I cannot claim any credit for that, it was truly a miracle.  The Lord was with us on that day.  And, though these past few weeks have been a bit busier than I am comfortable with, I do like being busy.  It is a very good way to live.  Although by the end of each day I was ready to collapse from exhaustion because I felt like I had run a marathon all day, it makes for very deep sleep!  And the things I am accomplishing are fulfilling to me, so it's all worth it.  No matter how busy, hectic and crazy life can get sometimes, I wouldn't trade my life for anything else or anyone else's.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment