Friday, August 31, 2012

Claire's First Day of School!

My family arrived in Wyoming on Sunday the 19th, the day before school started.  So they were able to be here to help me send Claire off for her first day of kindergarten, and Hallie to her first day of first grade.  Although I just did it last year, it was hard to send off my kindergartener again! I will definitely miss having Claire at home with me.  She is my best helper at home, and is very responsible about picking up after herself without being asked.  She is always happy and imaginative, and she is a joy to have around.  I love that cute girl! Although I was feeling some misgivings, Claire was ready to roll! She was practically shooing me out of the school on the first day.  She is an enthusiastic learner, a very bright girl, and she is very ready for kindergarten.  I think she will flourish in school, although I miss her already!

Big day for Claire!
Hallie: the veteran.  She was telling Claire all about what to expect in kindergarten.
Friends! I love that they are so close to each other in school and can be there for one another.
They both got new backpacks for school--cuties!
I love my Claire-Bear! Can't believe how big she is!
Evie was feeling a bit left out because no one was taking any pictures of her.  She is happy to have more attention from Mom during the day, but she misses "Hallie-Clai-uh," as she refers to her sisters.  Every day she asks several times "It time to get Hallie-Clai-uh?" She does miss them!
Claire ready to roll in Mrs. Cordova's class.
Hallie has Mrs. Wisniewski this year.  It has taken us all summer to get her to say her teacher's name correctly.  (Wiz-niz-key).
 They are both doing great so far, and enjoying school.  I am so proud of my cute girls! I feel kinda old, though.  I mean, it's not like I just have a kindergartener--I've got two kids in school.  We're not just playin' around anymore.  This is serious business.  So, with four children, I guess I'm finally a "real" grown-up now, lol! :)  I am so grateful for my four biggest blessings!!

P.S. Here's a picture I found on my phone that I took while shopping for school supplies:
It gave me a good chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment