Saturday the 25th, Ben took his endowments out in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple, and all those of us who could came with him. It's always a special experience being in the temple with lots of family. It makes me feel like I'm in heaven. The temple was actually undergoing some maintenance, so there was scaffolding set up all around the spire and all around the entrance, etc. I felt bad for all the brides getting married that day, but it didn't bother us!
 |
| The Merkley siblings present. Tim was also there, somehow he didn't make it in the picture. Chris drove up the night before from Vegas and immediately after the session, drove all the way to California for a Hansen gathering. Thanks for coming, Chris! We're so grateful for your sacrifice! |
Then we all headed to Wyoming for the farewell talk the following day in Green River 5th ward. It was fun and a bit surreal attending 5th ward. It is the ward I grew up in, and they also attend the same building as my ward, so it was odd going to my meetinghouse and not attending my own ward. Anyway, all that aside...
Ben did a fabulous job on his talk, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! He will be serving in the Atlanta Georgia mission, and I think he'll do a great job! Lots of family came into town for the farewell, and lots of friends joined us for Ben's big day. After the block, we had a luncheon at Wyoming Park, right behind my house.
 |
| My cousin Kimmie with Jessica, Claire, Shaelyn, and William. |
 |
| Tamera and Teresa. |
 |
| Aunt Robin (or as she prefers, Auntie Bobbin), Kelsey (newly married to my cousin Daniel), and Rob. |
 |
| My wonderful mom, the orchestrator of this lovely shin-dig. |
 |
| The Crumps also came up from Heber. Aunt Jane, Uncle Kent, Morgan, and Paige. |
 |
| Food, glorious food! |
 |
| The whole crowd. I'm not going to name them all. |
 |
| The babies playing together. So cute! |
Good food and good company and a good day! Congratulations soon-to-be-Elder Merkley!
No comments:
Post a Comment