Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Partying with the Indy Merks!

Okay, so our version of partying may be slightly different from most people's definition, but I bet we have more fun!

Mike and Lacey came and visited with us for four days, beginning the day after we got home from the Tetons.  Since we hadn't seen them in about a year, it was so good to get to spend time with just them and be able to focus on them without lots of other distractions.  We had a blast together! And it was so fun to see Lacey's cute pregnancy belly! Which is absolutely tiny considering how far along she is--you can barely tell she's pregnant and she's going to have a baby in September!

Highlights of their visit:
-Playing pinochle.  Always a classic.
-Going to McDonald's with the kids for ice cream.
-Going bowling together and actually learning some proper technique from Lacey--which (amazingly) really improved my bowling! I had a personal record high score of 101. (I know that's not so stellar for most people, but for me that's really good, lol!)
-Eating at Dickey's.  Yum!
-Rob and Mike building a tetherball pole.
-Playing Mormon bridge with the girls.  Always an eventful experience!
-Going to the splash park to enjoy the gorgeous Wyoming summer.
-Setting up the slip n' slide and playing on it.



Slippin' and slidin'!

Mike showed the girls how it was done.









Lacey got me these cat-eye glasses, which are super over-the-top, and I didn't know if I would like them at first, but the more I wore them, the more they grew on me. What do you think?

Man, have I missed seeing these guys!

Golden times at the splash park.



Swingin' with Uncle Mike.


It was a perfect visit, and we all felt the true joy of being together!  I wish we could see you guys more often!  We definitely need to come visit you in Indiana soon.  We love you!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED spending time with you guys--it went by way to fast! I still love those sunglasses on you!

    ReplyDelete