Hallie and Claire are in a Joy School-type preschool, in which each of the moms takes a turn teaching preschool at her house. There are six children in the preschool total, two of which are mine. Since I have two children in the preschool, I get twice the teaching opportunities. This is great because I usually LOVE teaching preschool. I think it is so much fun! It's great to plan cute activities and have them work out. We have story time and singing time and snack time...and those are three of my favorite things! This week was my turn to teach. I spent yesterday preparing my lessons for today and tomorrow (we hold preschool on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons). I braved the icy roads last night in the dark with my three children to get to Wal Mart (it was SOOOO windy there!) in Rock Springs so I could get some of the supplies I needed. Everything was in place. I had made my posters, checked out the right library books, and made all necessary preparations for my lessons.
When I got home from Rock Springs last night, my eyes were really dry. This is normal, because it gets super dry here, especially in the wintertime. I chalked it up to the windiness in Rock Springs and went to bed. Well, all night I had this nasty goopy stuff coming out of my right eye, and this morning, it was all swollen and red and draining lots of gross eye-goop. Yuck. So I get on Web MD and it sounds like I've got pinkeye (which, it turns out, is one word, not two). I tell you what, pinkeye is so much more annoying than I remember it being as a kid. In order not to spread it, you should wash your hands EVERY time you clean the stuff out of your eyes, which is like every five minutes because your eyes are producing so much fluid. But your eyes still feel really dry all the time for some reason, and you have to blink a lot, especially if it's bright. And make sure you don't touch your eyes and then touch something else, because pinkeye is REALLY contagious, and you don't want to give it to anyone else. So then I go to the little section on the website that says "Check your symptoms". And after the second question, the website told me in no uncertain terms to call my doctor today. Sigh. This wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have such awful insurance, but that's another story... So I go see the doctor, who charges me $100 to tell me yes, I have pinkeye, and no, I shouldn't teach preschool today. Luckily, one of the awesome moms that I do preschool with offered to switch with me so I can just teach next week. And on the bright side, now I've got another week to take down all my decorations before we have preschool here! And I have a little time here with just me and Evie to hopefully clean up the house a bit. So, pinkeye is really annoying, but there is a silver lining!
Sounds like a bummer day. So glad to see you started a blog. Looking forward to seeing what your cute little family is up to.
ReplyDeleteYuck, I hate Pinkeye I get it all the time and it is horrible I am very sorry!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's almost completely gone today, thank goodness!
ReplyDeleteI really like the preschool Idea! I would like to get some thoughts from you on how to get it started. Some friends have shown interest here in Iowa since most of them home school all their children. I bet your a great teacher!!
ReplyDeletePS. Sorry about your pinkeye!
oh yuck. i hate pinkeye!
ReplyDeleteOH and if you look at the people on the side of my blog you'll notice quite a few people from Kingwood... :)
ReplyDelete