I love to crochet and knit. I especially love crocheting, because it's much easier and faster. Some things look much better knitted, however. Recently Claire saw me knitting a sweater and asked me if I would knit her a sweater. Sweaters are a TON of work, so I offered to make her a scarf. She got really excited and said, "A scarf! A scarf! Oh yes, Mommy, a scarf is just what I need!" Gotta love that enthusiasm. Of course once Hallie heard that I was making Claire a scarf, she wanted one too. So we went and picked out what color of yarn they each wanted (pink and purple, naturally) and I made them scarves this week. Once I had started the first one, Hallie pestered me constantly, asking me every five minutes if her scarf was done yet. Claire repeated this when I made hers. Needless to say, I finished them quickly. Here's a few pictures of the finished products. They are my own design. Now I just need to make one for me! Yes, I am aware that my Christmas tree is still up...I had very grand intentions of taking it down today, which went unfulfilled. It's coming down this week, though.
Claire, the model. With the knee popped out and everything. That girl can strike a pose like nobody's business!
Evie wanted a turn too. She likes dressing up as much as the next girl. Maybe I'll have to make her one so she isn't left out of all the pretties.





Gorgeous scarves, Melanie! The girls look so cute in them. I love Claire's pose. Way to go with your new blog! I should do one, too! You're amazing! Love you! Mom
ReplyDeleteGood job Melanie! Aren't blogs the funnest things? I love that my kids do one so I can see the happenings and of course I do mine for the same reason. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteMelanie -- adorable! Your girls are so cute. I love the scarves and all the personality!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteI love to crochet also it is so much fun! The scarves looks super cute. A few years ago I made cute funky winter hats for Pat and I and I am just about to start one for the baby now that I know he is a boy. Fun Fun.
ReplyDeleteI really need to learn how to crochet--you make the cutest things!
ReplyDelete