So if anyone has tried to call me in the last three days or so, you will know that I have completely lost my voice. Hallie lost hers starting on Saturday and so she stayed home from church on Sunday. Her voice was gone until Wednesday. I was about two days behind her, so we were both hoarse at the same time. I tell you what, communication sure suffers when you cannot physically speak. It was easier to hear me if I just whispered instead of tried talking. Most of the time, it was fine. Kind of nice in a way because it lowered the volume level in the house. But when I needed to call one of my kids from the other room, or if Rob asked me a question from another room, I couldn't answer. That was the kicker. And also, no singing. :( I never realized before how much I sing along to the radio or movies or any music until I couldn't. Bottom line: I am very grateful for my voice!
Now Hallie, Claire, Evie, and I all have coughs. Somehow Claire escaped without losing her voice, but she's got the cough. Well, she also had pinkeye in both of her eyes this week, so it's all fair. We've been spending a lot of time at home. But it's okay, because none of us feel nasty, we're just all coughing. Since we've been sort of stuck at home, we've gotten all the Christmas decorations down (in one day--I think that's a new record), made some wonderful meals, and cleaned the house. A trial and blessing all mixed into one. Such is life!
No comments:
Post a Comment