We are going to Qatar!! We leave February 28th and get to stay with my parents in Doha for two weeks. Hallie keeps talking about how we get to have a sleepover at Grammy and Grandfather's house--"for a lot of nights, Mommy!" That is a pretty big deal considering we haven't been to Grammy and Grandfather's house in five years (Hallie was a baby last time). I can't decide who is more excited, the girls, or Mommy and Daddy. We are all buzzing about it. In addition to being excited about seeing camels and sand dunes, Hallie and Claire are also really excited to fly on a plane. They know that we can't see Grammy and Grandfather without riding on a plane, and they know we have to have tickets to ride on a plane. We'll see how long that excitement lasts...it's a very long trip. While Claire was talking to Grammy and Grandfather on Thanksgiving, she said "Can I come to your house?" And Grammy and Grandfather reminded her that they lived very far away and she would have to ride on a plane to see them. Grammy asked "Do you like riding on planes?" Claire answered, "Yeah, but we don't have a plane, we just have a car."
Sadly, we still don't have a plane, but we do have some plane tickets, courtesy of Grandfather. We have been trying to brainstorm some things to keep the kids occupied on the long flights. I've gotten a few good suggestions, but I would welcome some more. Any ideas?
DRUGS, lots of drugs...to help them sleep. Generally they have some kid friendly movies on those flights. Also, some toys or puzzle books.
ReplyDeleteWe took a mini-DVD player and watched lots of Baby Einstein. A lap top works great too! How fun you get to visit your parents!!!
ReplyDeleteI am really jealous and I need a vacation somewhere warm! Hope you guys have an awesome time!
ReplyDeleteOh sooooo jealous! We wanted to go back again but the timing of this baby just won't allow it. Have a super amazing time!
ReplyDeleteI think the last time I went was at the same time you did!
How exciting! I remember when your family just moved there! Has it been almost 5 years!? Or more? Good luck with the trip- sadly enough, I can't think of much to do on the plane- I'm usually sleeping! Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteWow! That will be so much fun, and so nice for you to see your family. I had no idea your family lived there!
ReplyDeleteDramamine can be your friend - you never know who will be affected by the altitude or motion or just be so, so tired. Also, little toys they can unwrap every so often (like McDonalds toys) work wonders. Just be sure to link it to a time they understand - like after they serve a snack or when the movie ends. Otherwise it's "Is it time yet?" over and over again... and that gets old really fast. Good luck. Have fun!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you are flying Qatar Airways they give the kids a backpack with some things in it and then like happy meals. They have some kids programs and games on individual demand TV's which helps. Just bring tons of things to do and change of clothes in your carryon. Our kids had their luggage lost for a day or two so have other families. I will miss seeing you I will be with Ashley and her new baby. Would love to see you again.
ReplyDelete