Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Christmas" at Home

We celebrated our "at home" Christmas early--on December 15th.  It was the last Saturday before we left for Cancun, and the best day for us to be together and open all our Christmas presents.  Santa knew that we would be in Cancun for Christmas, so he only brought one gift to the girls in Cancun.  All our other gifts were wrapped, placed under the tree, and opened on the 15th.  It was super fun and magical, as always--even without Santa Clause.

All our presents wrapped up!  I always look back at these pictures and wonder why I took a picture of all our presents.  Then the next year I remember--it's because I spent HOURS wrapping them and I wanted a picture of it so all that effort can be remembered :)

Also, since Santa brought only one present to each girl this year, all the other presents from Mom and Dad had to be wrapped.  So there was more wrapping than usual. 


 "Christmas" morning! Christmas for us, anyway.
The girls with their new craft aprons. 


Tank got this cute new scarf.

Shaelyn didn't care too much about the presents.  She loved the wrapping paper!

Evie loves Barbies.  She plays with the Barbies more than any of her sisters.



Go Cougs!

Evie on her new Dora trike.


Putting together Hallie's new puzzle

Merry Christmas!

Hallie's presents

Evie and Claire's presents

Shaelyn's pile

The collective presents
The Christmas jammies that Grandma Kelly gave the girls.  I love that they're all matching!

Claire loves the Barbie Princess and the Popstar castle.
 Merry Christmas!! I love love love Christmas with young kids.  The excitement and joy in their eyes is absolutely unparalleled.  It's so fun because they are old enough to understand but young enough to really feel the magic.  I really love this stage of our family life.  Our kids are old enough to be more independent but young enough to still be innocent.  I love having this golden time together as a family! There is nothing more important to me.  It's what life is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment