Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Lights at Temple Square

We went down to Salt Lake City one day early before our Cancun trip because we had to be at the airport at 5:00 am, and we didn't want to wake up at 2:00 am to get there on time.  And we wanted to make sure the weather would cooperate for us.  So the evening before our flight, we went to see the lights at Temple Square.  They were breathtaking as always, although not all the pictures turned out so great.  Oh well.  It was gorgeous, and the girls loved walking around Temple Square, watching the outdoor nativity program there, and walking around City Creek Mall.  We parked at City Creek so we had to walk through it to get to Temple Square.  It's not the temple, but it too is very beautiful!

Fountain at City Creek





Daddy and his girls!

Cool Christmas train display

Uncle Scott rode with us to Utah.  He was a great helper with the girls!



I know this is slightly blurry, but I LOVE all their poses.  So cute!

What an inspiring sight!



 The girls really liked watching the Nativity program that is set up in front of the Visitors' Center.  They stood and watched until it was over.  I loved the amazing music for the program performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  There's nothing more heavenly than beautiful choral music!

The white Nativity figures in front of the temple
Amazing Christmas displays made entirely of candy in the shop windows

Poor Shae can't see a thing.  She was such a trooper with her big snowsuit on!
The elf girl on the Skybridge.  She told the girls a very animated Christmas story.
 I was so glad that we were able to squeeze in a trip to Temple Square during the Christmas season.  It is always something that I love and I feel like it is such an appropriate and beautiful tribute to Christ's birth. 
That night we stayed in a hotel right by the airport.  We are excited for the trip!!
 The next morning, we woke up at 4:00 and got to the airport by 5:00.  Then we were off to Cancun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just looking at the pictures of temple square's lights got me feeling Christmasy. I know Christmas is over, but I still have my decorations up in Feb. so, I'm still in the mood.
    Loved seeing a peek of your Christmas at home, too!

    ReplyDelete