Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

I have decided that I need to keep up on my blog posts because very soon I will have a newborn baby that will be hogging all the blog space. :)  So here is all our Easter fun this year, and it's not even two weeks after the fact!

On Wednesday, we were "egged" by our cousins the Gerrards and the Butchers.  They came and hid eggs all over our front yard and left us a nice Easter lily with a sign saying "You've been egged!" on our front porch.  Then they rang the doorbell and hid in their cars as Hallie, Claire, and Evie came out and found all the eggs.  It was so cute!! Hallie especially was excited and kept saying "This is the best day EVER!" Claire and Evie were no less excited, and all three of them were running around as fast as they could trying to find all the eggs.  Evie had just gotten out of the bath and so she was dressed in nothing but her panties.  It was great.  When they had found all the eggs, their cousins came out of their cars (which none of the girls had noticed were parked on our street), and told them that it had been they who hid the eggs.  They all played together and had a great time!  I wish I would have taken a few pictures, but none of us remembered the camera!

Shortly after the egging, I drove over to Rock Springs to speak at the Institute Relief Society dinner.  Their theme was "Developing Yourself Into the Woman You Want to Become".  It was fun to see all those beautiful young women and have the opportunity to speak, because it's something that I am not very confident in doing, so it was a good growing opportunity for me.  

On Friday we dyed Easter eggs.  Since we get fresh eggs from Grandma and Papa Henderson and their nice neighbor Josie in Bridger Valley, most of our eggs are brownish in color, so we had to pick out the few white ones for dyeing.  Luckily we had four dozen eggs in the fridge, so we were able to scrounge up a solid dozen white eggs for coloring. 






Now we're ready for the Easter bunny!
Saturday: The Easter bunny always visits our house on Saturday morning instead of Sunday morning because he knows that it's much more fun to be able to do all our egg hunting and "fun" Easter stuff on Saturday and then have all day Sunday to focus on Jesus Christ and the true meaning of Easter.  Also, it makes Easter morning much less hectic when you don't have to try and squeeze in all the Easter egg hunting and Easter baskets while trying to get the kids looking their Easter best for church.  So Saturday morning, the Easter bunny came!

One for Evie, one for Claire, one for Hallie, and one for Mom and Dad :)



Evie found a few eggs and then just sat and ate the candy out of them.




Easter egg hunting was followed by an impromptu dance party.






Saturday was also the day we moved most of our furniture in preparation for getting new carpet on the following Tuesday. And it was also the day of my baby shower, which was lots of fun!! I have the best sister-in-laws ever, and they threw me a wonderful baby shower.  It was great to see so much family there.  I wish I would have taken some pictures, because it was so gosh darn cute, but I forgot my camera.  Hopefully I can get some pictures from Stacey or Marla.

Sunday: EASTER!

Thankfully, all the girls still fit into their Easter dresses from last year, so they all got to be matching again.  Cuties!  Rob and I sang "Jesus' Love Is Like a River" in Sacrament meeting, and I subbed for singing time in Primary.  It was fun to see all the Primary kids again.  It was especially nice to be able to go to church and worship on this special Sunday of the year.  I am so grateful for the Savior and His sacrifice for us, and for the doctrine of the Atonement and the Resurrection.  We are so lucky to have this knowledge and be able to repent of our sins. 

Happy Easter!
After church, we went to Stacey's for Easter dinner, which was delicious! It was great to see all the family and hang out in the beautiful weather.  When we got back home that afternoon, we had one last outdoor Easter egg hunt in the backyard.  It was a wonderful Easter!







2 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed your baby shower. Malloree's party was just getting over and I was pretty tired. I can't believe you got so much done in one day this pregnant! Your girls are so cute- I can hardly believe how big they are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their Easter dresses remind me of Rapunzel's! :) So cute! And you are waaaaay more active then I was preggo! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete