Obviously Shaelyn gets the spotlight for this month's big events, but since life around here doesn't stop just because I had a baby, here's what else has been going on this month:
NEW CARPET!!
 |
| Installed the day before we went to the hospital. We love the new carpet, it's loads better than the old stuff! |
 |
| You can see some of the stuff stacked up in the bathroom--it was completely full of furniture! |
 |
| View from the base of the stairs looking into the basement hallway. |
 |
| The old blue room. I must say, I don't hate the blue as much now that there's good carpet and white molding in there! |
 |
| The family room!! It is huge. I love it! I am so proud of my extremely handy husband who did all the construction for this room single-handedly! |
 |
| The kid closet. |
Random pics:
 |
| We glanced over in the living room, and the three of them were all quietly reading books together. Cuties! |
 |
| What I've been doing while I'm recovering :) |
Playing in the front yard on Sunday afternoon.
Hallie had spirit week at school the week after we came home with Shaelyn. Monday was inside out and backwards day.
Tuesday: Camouflage day. Only in Wyoming! :)
Wednesday: Hat day!
Thursday was silly sock day, and Friday was school spirit day. Hallie participated in both, but we didn't get a picture.
Also this month I registered Claire for kindergarten in the fall! I think she will love kindergarten and I think she is ready, although it is a little strange to think that two of my girls will be in school. Just like with Hallie, I have mixed feelings about her starting kindergarten. Happy and sad. She is very excited and loved Kindergarten Round-up!
I would like to say thank you so much to my amazingly wonderful husband who took 3 days off work to stay home and take care of our family the week after we came home. He played Mr. Mom quite well, doing laundry and dishes and taking care of the older girls so I just had to worry about the baby. He is so incredible and I am so lucky to have him!
One week after Shaelyn was born, my awesome sister-in-law Rachel came to help me for a few days. It was so great to see her, visit with her, see the kids, and get some good naps while she helped out. She was so great! She made us breakfast and dinner and cleaned my kitchen and was overall fabulous! Here's a few pictures from her visit:
 |
| Cousin time! They loved playing with Jake and Aunt Rachel on the tramp. |
 |
| Evie in flight. |
 |
| And we all fall down! |
 |
| Brooklyn, 2 months old, and Shaelyn, 2 weeks old. Look how cute and chunky Brooklyn is! She is a giant compared to Shaelyn! |
I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family that love our family and have taken such good care of us at the birth of our fourth baby. We have had so many people make us meals and give us baby gifts and offer to take my children to their various activities, and I feel so blessed to know so many awesome friends! A special thank you to Marla, Ciera, and Cassi for all your help! We love you!
You're silly. ;) You are most welcome!
ReplyDeleteWow good job on the basement Rob! I'm excited to see it, and of course meet that new gorgeous baby. Congrats Mel!!!
ReplyDelete