
Oh. My. Goodness. Hallie is officially a kindergartener. And I am officially a school mom! Today is the first day of school and I just got back from dropping her off at the school. I am surprised at how sad I am. I was fine the whole way to school and walking her to her classroom and everything. It wasn't until I walked out of the classroom that the tears started. I was so grateful to have my mom there with me to support me, because I was the one that needed it, not Hallie. Hallie has been stoked about kindergarten for months now, and she is so ready. I just absolutely cannot believe that my little Hallie girl is old enough to go to school! I am just so worried about her changing and not being my same sweet girl anymore. For the last five and a half years, we have had this happy, simple, innocent life together with her and Claire and Evie and I. We go on little outings and we play together, but there has been relatively little pressure or stress in her life thus far. I suddenly find myself feeling pangs of regret for the loss of that life and the beginning of a new chapter. I know that school will be great and all, I am just a little melancholy about it right now.

On the other hand, Hallie is just bursting with excitement. She is so cute wanting to get her backpack and her lunch and be all ready for school. She even let me brush her hair today with no screaming or crying--which if you are at all familiar with her normal reaction to hair-brushing, you know this is a significant sign. Every time we ask her about school, she breaks into a huge grin that looks like it's going to split her face open, she's so happy.
 |
| Me and my baby! |
 |
| Hallie at school. |
 |
| In her classroom. |
With many mixed feelings, I bid you adieu.
Oh my word how did that happen? I can't believe she is old enough to be in school! What a cute, smart girl!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I teared up reading this! Ha ha, I love it! She's so big and so cute! It's so crazy that she's old enough to start school--but it's so exciting!
ReplyDelete