I can't believe Claire is seven!! She is such a happy, kind-hearted social butterfly. She is very socially aware and picks up on social cues and nuances quite quickly. She is a good reader and she is always good at including everyone in whatever new imagination game they are playing. She sees the magic and beauty in everything. When she is excited about something, her enthusiasm is contagious and usually everyone ends up being excited about that thing. I love her so much!
 |
| Last year, Claire had a big birthday party with all her friends from school and Mom went just a tad crazy preparing for it, so this year, she only invited two friends so we could simplify things a bit. So since there were only two, Claire and I made the invitations. It was a fun mother-daughter activity |
 |
| Turned out pretty dang cute! |
And finally, the big day came!!
 |
| Recognize those decorations? It's cuz I reused the ones I had made for Shaelyn's birthday, per Claire's request. |
 |
| I just got this cupcake stand at a garage sale. I've never done cupcakes for a birthday before, it was fun! |
I went to the school to walk Claire and her two friends, Brooklyn Pead and Adilyn Roberts home. Then we started partying right away! It happened to be a pajama day at school, so the girls just stayed in their PJs and Claire had a pajama party too, although that wasn't part of the original plan.
 |
| Claire and her birthday bear. She named him "Fuzzy". |
 |
| A cute headband-making kit. The girls and I had a fun craft day the following week and we made a bunch of cute headbands! |
 |
| Just before I took this picture, Shae had her hands behind her head just like Daddy. |
 |
| Claire, Brooklyn, and Adilyn |
 |
| Claire got this vanity from Grandma Kelly, and can ya tell she loves it? |
 |
| Happy birthday to you! |
After cupcakes, it was time for swimming!! We went swimming in Grandma and Papa's awesome swim-tub/hot-tub. It is definitely big enough for a few kids to swim in, and the girls had a blast!
After swimming, we went to TJs for pizza. On the way to TJs, the girls all started chanting "We're in our PJs and goin to TJs!" over and over again. Everyone was famished after swimming and we polished off that pizza pretty fast! It was a great way to end the party.
Happy Birthday my sweet Claire!
No comments:
Post a Comment