First step: This year we carried on our family tradition of finding and cutting down our own Christmas tree in the mountains the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year, just Scott came with us. We usually have a group, but it worked out this year, because we ran into the Birches while we were up in the mountains, so we hunted for our trees together. It was so fun to see them again!
 |
| There was hardly any snow this year. It was sad. But it was also nice and warm--we didn't even need snow pants or hats or gloves! |
 |
| Us with our favorite yellow marshmallow. |
 |
| I miss my friend! Also, a side note, Shaelyn absolutely cannot see a thing in this picture. |
 |
| Family picture! I love the expressions, they are so classic. |
 |
| Thanks for coming and helping us Scott! You're the best! |
 |
| The Birches. Such a cute family! |
 |
| Once again, my husband found the winning tree. It's a giant this year because we are in the apartment with 12-foot ceilings, so we could get a tall tree! I was so excited! Way to go babe! |
 |
| Ashelynn and Claire with Ash's mini snowman. |
It was a very fun trip as usual.
Next step: decorating it all Christmasy!
 |
| Look how tall it is! I had to buy a ton of extra lights to decorate it. Also, it takes a lot longer to decorate the tree when you have to use a ladder. But it's just that much more pretty! And I love Christmas and I love decorating for Christmas! |
Shaelyn also enjoyed the lighted tree. Particularly trying to eat the lights :)
Shaelyn also loved when I got the ornaments out. There aren't many things cuter than watching her play with them.
And, after much effort and countless Christmas songs listened to...
 |
| Sigh. Doesn't that just make you happy? |
Nothing like a real, pine-scented Christmas tree to make you feel the Christmas glow. I love Christmastime!
No comments:
Post a Comment