So, I have this new perfume. The newest thing to take the fragrance market by storm. It's all the rage here in Green River. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is wearing it. Seems like I'm smelling it everywhere! It has a 25% DEET content, and it's manufactured by OFF. My scent of choice is the Deep Woods. I just love when you inhale it as you're coating yourself and your children with it on all your exposed skin. The coughing is the best. And don't worry, even if you're wearing awesome lotion or body spray or perfume, this will mask all those lovely fragrances with its overpowering odor--there's just no competition. In the common vernacular, we like to call it bug spray.
Why all the bug spray, you ask? Well, in some freaky twist of nature, it has been quite, well, moist is the only word for it. Dry, dusty, desolate Wyoming is actually moist this summer! It's great for my flowers, but not so great for the number of bug bites accumulated on my skin. The mosquitoes here are absolutely out of control. Even in the hottest part of the day, I get bitten at least once just walking out to my car. It's verging on ridiculous. Poor Hallie has the most--I tell her it's because she has the sweetest insides. She has at least four just on her face, poor thing. I swatted one off of Evie's face today, and it left a streak of blood on her chubby little cheek. They are merciless. So, we will be further contributing to the profits of the OFF company this year!
Oh sad! You would think that living here surrounded by three huge rivers we would have tons of Mosquitos but we don't! I have not had a bite in almost two years I am not looking forward to our visit in September!
ReplyDelete