This Thursday was my first Zumba class at Curves! I will be teaching there at 5:30 every Thursday night. Teaching Zumba at Curves is slightly different than teaching regular Zumba, because they incorporate Zumba with their circuit training program and they call it Zumba in the Circuit. So every 60 seconds, there is a cue in the music and the participants move from their machine to doing Zumba (or vice versa, depending on what they were just doing). So as an instructor, it's my job to fabricate and cut my own CD with the Zumba switching cue. After a lot of fiddling with all the programs on my computer, I had the CD all ready to go. Unfortunately, I didn't have any blank CDs, and I procrastinated and didn't get any until the day of my first class. I got home from the store at about 4:00, intending to burn my new CD right away so that I could practice with it once or twice before I actually taught it.
Well, we just bought a new laptop which I was using because our old computer's disk drive is dead. So I pop the blank CD in, and I can't get the program to recognize the burner on the laptop. I tried several different combinations of programs and I was getting increasingly agitated, because I had never practiced instructing with the cues in the music, and I REALLY wanted to at least run through it once. By the time 4:30 rolled around, I was really really nervous because at that point I was unsure if I would have any music to teach to AT ALL, since I couldn't get it onto a CD. Rob got home at that time and I frantically asked him to help me figure it out, since I obviously couldn't. He tried all the things I tried, and a few others, and nothing was working. So by now I'm really freaking out. What kind of a horrible first impression would I be giving? How could I fix this and teach without music? All kinds of thoughts were racing through my mind. I know it may seem trivial, but I was super stressed. So I knelt down with my kids and prayed. Immediately my stress was gone. Rob still couldn't get it to work, but I got everything else I needed ready to go anyway, and exercised my faith as much as I could. About 5 minutes before I was supposed to be there, Rob found a way to trick the computer and it burned the disk! And I heard angels singing the Hallelujah chorus!
I felt humbled and touched that Heavenly Father was watching over me and aware of my silly little CD problems. He blessed me even with something so small. Sometimes it's the little things that count. I have never been so grateful for a CD in my life! Although I had never practiced with it, at least I had it. The class went well, and I'm excited for this new change in my life. So I guess my point is, no matter how large or small your struggles, God is aware of them all, and I know that through firsthand experience. Sometimes He is just waiting for us to ask Him for help and exercise our faith.
So glad it all worked out. I would have been super stressed too. :)
ReplyDelete