Claire had a lot of birthday festivities this year. Her birthday (May 21st) fell on the Saturday right after we got home from the cruise, and since my house was not quite in "entertaining" condition, I opted to hold her birthday party the following weekend. But we decided to just make her a cake on her actual birthday so that it would still be a special day for her. Well we all went to the store together and Claire picked out her own birthday presents with her birthday money from grandparents. She also picked out the cake set that she wanted. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was tons of fun, but a
very long project. Probably about 4 or 5 hours total. Stacey and her family ended up coming over, despite the deplorable shape of the house, and we all had cake together. Claire loved it!
 |
| Here she is with the presents she picked. A Zooble house from Grandma Grace and Great-Grandfather Merkley, and a Vidia fairy doll from Grandma and Grandpa Cross. |
 |
| The first layer of the cake--strawberry. |
 |
| The second layer--butter golden. You can also see the cake that stuck to the bottom of the pan over on the right side of the picture. |
 |
| The base frosting. |
 |
| A royal cake for the little princess. |
 |
| All finished! I think next time I want to try fondant. |
 |
| All lit up! Happy Birthday Claire! |
 |
| Cute little Kynslee! And cute momma Stacey! |
We had a great time! Claire also got a birthday card from Grammy and Grandfather that had some flowers in it to wear in her hair, just like Rapunzel does on Tangled. Claire thought they were the best.
The next Saturday, we had her party at Don Pedro's. Happy fourth birthday Claire!
 |
| Singing Happy Birthday with the sombrero and fried ice cream. |
 |
| Me and my birthday girl! |
 |
| That's the new Barbie she got from Aunt Marla. |
 |
| Her new Rapunzel tower from Mom and Dad. She has been asking for this toy daily for at least two months. |
 |
| Since Mom and Dad forgot to bring her presents from Grammy and Grandfather to Don Pedro's, we had another present-opening session on Monday. |
|
 |
| She got the TinkerBell movie, a swimsuit, a Little People house, and two books from Grammy and Grandfather. |
 |
| She got Megamind and another small Rapunzel doll from Mom and Dad. |
And two weeks later, all the birthday stuff was finally over! Happy Birthday Claire!
You have such cute girls! That was quite an amazing castle cake you made. When Brenton asks what cake I want for my birthday next year I will tell him I want him to make that one :)
ReplyDeleteThe cake turned out great! Good work! Glad to see Claire had such a wonderful birthday--wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all!
ReplyDelete