Friday, May 20, 2011

Zumba!

Okay, phew! Now that all the Qatar trip has been documented, I need to play a little catch-up with what else has been going on in our lives lately.  At the end of April, I was trained to become a Zumba instructor.  If you don't know what Zumba is, here's a quick run-down:  Zumba is a form of exercising through dance.  It is easy, inspiring and most of all, fun!  I've never before been involved in a type of exercise that I could stick to...and then came Zumba!  Zumba is based on Latin music and Latin rhythms, so at first it may feel a little foreign, but once you get a little more used to it, it is awesome!  It feels more like a party than a work out, so it's really easy to forget that you're exercising.  Going to Zumba isn't something you have to beat yourself up into doing--it's something you're excited to do.  If you can't tell by the sheer number of exclamation points in this post, I love Zumba! I had been attending Zumba classes for about a year before I got certified to be an instructor.  It has been so much fun to be able to learn all the dances and learn how to lead them.  I will be teaching at Curves once a week to start with, and I will be subbing here and there for a local Zumba studio.  So if you ever want to come dancing, it's a great workout and it's great fun!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun side job to have! My sister got certified a couple of years ago, so of course she made all of us do it, and it is quite the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to do it too. I am a turbo kick instructor now and I love it. Our Zumba instructor now is a crazy panama lady who really makes us shake it. What ever excuse I have to shake my bootay..LOL! You will be great and I am excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete