Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our Easter

I love Easter.  It's not as big as Christmas, so it's not as much stress and work, but you still get to focus on the Savior and have a good time with family.  Our Easter begins on Saturday, because that's when the Easter bunny comes to our house.  He knows how hard it is to do all the "fun" Easter stuff on Sunday when we are trying to focus on Christ and get the family to church, so he comes on Friday night.  That way we can fully enjoy our Easter egg hunt and our Easter baskets without detracting any from the center of our Easter Sunday.  This year we dyed our hard-boiled eggs with Grammy.  She got to come visit us at our house for the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday preceding Easter.  It was so good to have her.  We all miss Grammy when she's not around.  I didn't get to take any pictures of our hard-boiled eggs, but they were awesome.  We bought a special glitterizing egg dye kit, and so half of our eggs were glittery.  They were pretty bling. 

Our Easter weekend was very busy this year.  It started on Thursday, which was the longest day EVER.  We woke up at 4:30 AM and drove down to Utah with my mom.  We dropped off Grammy and the girls at Chris and Rachel's and drove up to Salt Lake for Devin (Rob's cousin) and Laurie's sealing.  After that, we drove back to Provo for Jake's first birthday party Chris and Rachel's BYU graduation.  After graduation, we all went to dinner--my parents, Chris, Rachel, Tim, Tamera, and us--at Olive Garden.  And then we drove the three hours home.  So then on Friday, I went to my all-day Zumba training, and Rob took the girls to work with him.  They hung out in Grandma and Papa's apartment for the day.  It was a pretty exhausting day for all of us.  Our Easter bunny usually comes on Friday night, as I said, but this year he came early Saturday morning--before the girls were awake, of course--because he was just so exhausted. This is why Claire is wearing Christmas pajamas and Hallie's pjs don't match.  It's because they got their own pajamas on, without consulting me.  ;)

Anyway, the egg hunt on Easter morning definitely had a much higher level of excitement this year than in years past.  Hallie especially was really fast at finding the eggs. 






Once Hallie's basket was full (which didn't take long), she gave all the rest of the eggs she found to her sisters.  Sweetie.

Although slower than her sisters, Evie was a great egg finder too. 


Claire's favorite part was her new stuffed animal, which she carried in her basket throughout the egg hunt.  Her doggie was helping her find the eggs, and she consulted him often.


After the morning Easter egg hunt, we went to our friends the Birches' house and had a big outdoor Easter egg hunt with them.  It was lots of fun!  After the hunt was over, Rob and Bryant worked on putting up a new fence in their backyard, so we ended up staying there most of the day.  We all had a great time!  It was a great Easter Saturday. 

EASTER SUNDAY-
Rob took these pictures of the girls, and I love them all, so I'm just going to post them.  If you get tired of looking at all the purple, I'm sorry.  I guess I'm just biased! I always wonder if other people really think my kids are as cute as I think they are...














Happy Easter everyone! May we all remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and His infinite Atonement.  God be with you always.

1 comment:

  1. I love the mis-matched pjs and purple dresses! The girls look so precious. It won't be long before you look back on these days and wonder how they grew up so fast.

    ReplyDelete